I’ve kind of dropped the ball lately on my blog, but sometime it happens because ya know- life.
Things have been a little heavy lately honestly. Health-wise my family has not been doing awesome and that can be really draining in a lot of ways. We have a hope that we are holding on to in Christ, but sometimes the physical weariness of it all becomes a lot and you have to let it out and then rise back up. I think we are on the rise right now. Praying we find some help soon but I have full confidence that God is at work in bringing good out of the bad- will write separately on this, but just wanted to give you guys an update because some of you have been asking. JL and I also have been having to make some big life decisions which is exciting but also a lot to think about!
SO just wanted to share a little of what we’ve been up to in the past month of so.
1. I am in the car a lot with the dogs in tow, driving to and from our parents’ houses and camp! JL is working around 15 hours a day so the dogs have been my best little companions haha. They each have their own laundry basket for the car but sometimes they insist on riding together and I always think it is the funniest thing.
2. Been trying to do a little more art lately. I love painting but have been trying out pastels and they are so much fun. Been thinking of some ideas lately and just curious if anyone would be interested in buying any of my work…if so let me know in a comment 🙂
3. John Luke, 2mama, 2papa, and myself took a road-trip to Texas to learn about Carolina Creek! Their camp is so neat and we had so much fun learning about how they run things. If you are in the Houston area check them out!
4. JL and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary! SO crazy to me it’s been that long, but also it’s hard to even remember life before marriage. Love it and love him so much.
5. I’ve been trying to get in plenty of swims and plenty of time in the sun while we’re here! Being outside in the water is one of my favorite things to do in the summer…I this it does a body and a soul so much good.
(also just saw my swimsuit I’m wearing here is on sale!)
6. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law are next door and it’s been so fun getting time with them. Lunch dates with Rebecca are becoming a favorite.
7. I didn’t post on 4th of July because I was in the car for about 5 hours that day running back and forth places for festivities, but it was so fun! Got to meet 2 new baby cousins and spent time with family ALL day. I love the 4th. Ughhh seriously love this country so much.
8. Had the most random, but fun day in Shreveport with Bella and Sadie. We ubered around and almost went to an alligator farm but ran out of time…next time.
9. Spent the weekend in Delhi with my parents and siblings while JL had friends in town and it was so sweet. Lots of good family time despite the house being literally torn apart during a remodel haha.
10. Teagon is a camper this week at Camp Chyoca!! He is SO tiny compared to everyone else and we have all been getting a good laugh out of it. Yesterday I was out helping with crafts and another camper comes come up carrying Teagon on his back then sets him down and puts his arm around Teagon. It was the cutest thing. Teagon is lovinggg the camp life.
11. Korie asked us all to go see “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?” with her last night and I hadn’t even heard of it yet, but it WAS SO GOOD. It’s about Mr. Rogers from Mr. Roger’s neighborhood. Please get your family or your friends together, or even just yourself, and go see it one night this week. It was one of the most touching and inspiring things I have EVER seen.
So that’s what we have been up to lately. There’s been lots of good family time and enjoying the little things in life.
Mary Kate, I would love to buy some of your art work! You’re so creative and talented!!
Keep living your best life, MK! Even far and in between, your blogs are my favorite to catch up on! Maybe we can trade camp tips sometime- I’m also a camp counselor in the summers!☺️
Morgan, where are you a camp counselor at? Looking for camps to work at next summer!
Hi EL- it’s an AMAZING organization called Camp To Belong! It is a week long summer camp for children in the foster care system who are separated from their siblings! They get to spend the week at camp together doing normal sibling stuff- swimming, eating meals, bonfires, we even throw a GIANT birthday party for them where they get to decorate a cake for each other and pick out a gift for the other!! Check it out!!! Being a former foster youth(who was separated from her sister) it holds SUCH a special place in my heart!
Thanks Morgan! Yes would love to hear any camp tips!
Ok so I know this was your request awhile back, but I wanted to tell you about a wonderful book I read a year ago! It’s a little older of a book but its written by a married couple Eric and Leslie Ludy and the title is When God writes your love story. Its written from both sides of their love story leading up to their meeting and then there wedding day and how God made their paths intertwine! It also means alot to me because I when I read this book I didn’t think God would bring me the man He made for me for a long time but when I read this book it helped me to trust in God’s timing. And I kid you not, not even a couple months after that, God brought along the man of my dreams and a year and a half later today, he’s now my husband:) sorry for the long comment but I thought it was worth sharing!!
Love your blog posts! I would definitely buy some of your art. As I was reading that (before I got to the selling part) I was thinking “wow she should sell these on Etsy or something because people would love them!” I need some new artwork for my work space and would love to buy some 🙂
What lens do you use? Love your pictures!!!
Seriously look forward to reading new posts, MK! You’re such a role model for me. Also I would buy your artwork in a minute! 😉
Do you carry your camera around with you everywhere you go? You always have amazing, candid pics!!
girl i would TOTALLY buy some of your artwork, id love some cute prints for my apartment!! xoxo
I would def be interested in buying your artwork!! I love art too so I would also love if you did a post on what you use/ a little tutorial on your favorite things to make!
Love your pics! ?
Loving the edits on your photos right now. The photos from the 4th of July are awesome. Are you using a preset or editing in VSCO?
I would totally buy stuff you created!
Olá, falo aqui do Brasil. Sempre acompanho você e o JL. Gostaria de dizer que vocês são muito inspiradores, continuem assim. Estarão sempre em minhas orações.. Bye Bye
I would love to buy your art! It is so cute!
Sounds like life has been good, MK 🙂 You mentioned that you and JL are making big decisions lately…what have those been and how are you overcoming them in your marriage? Asking because I’m in a long-term relationship 🙂
Your art is beautiful!! Would LOVE some prints ??
You are so inspiring!!! I just applied to liberty yesterday, and I’m praying God will guide my steps there in fall 2019! Keep it up girl
Yay!!!!! and thank you!
girl!! I’ve been wanting to ask you – where did you get that cute little beaded choker you wear all the time?! I’ve been searching for one that goes with everything and haven’t been finding one!!
John Luke gave it to me for our anniversary last year! Free People but cannot remember the brand right now. https://www.freepeople.com/shop/libi-stone-choker/?category=collars-chokers&color=000
Hey Mary Kate! I love reading your blogs and I am going to be praying for you and your family! Declaring 3 John 1:2 over you guys!
I love your pastel drawing of the beautiful flowers and I would definitely be interested in buying some of your art work. Since I live in Surrey, England, would you ever consider offering international delivery?
I love this! Thanks for sharing your sweet pictures, girl. Also, getting my friends to all go see Won’t You Be My Neighbor? with me tonight at your recommendation!!
Please sell your artwork!!!
Your art work is so pretty, you should sell them!
You’ve had such an eventful month, God will work things out…he always does xxx
Thank you Naomi…I appreciate that 🙂
Hi Marykate! I love your blogs so much! It it somewhat inspired me to start one. What advice would you give to me about how to start?
Awww yay! Thanks! I would suggest start out on Blogger. It is much simpler and cheaper than WordPress. I try to write once a week but that doesn’t always happen obviously haha. So that is technically speaking. Now advice on content- write about what you love. Write about that and be genuine.
I would LOVE to buy some of youre art! Especially the one you posted in this blog.
I would absolutely buy your art!
I completely understand about life happening, my husband and I have only been married for a couple months and him being in the military I had to move across country away from my family and start a new life. There have been some big decisions to make, but God has been with us the whole way, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything! God amazes me everyday 🙂 God bless!
I would love to buy artwork from you! I’m looking for a sunflower picture. Have you painted one? I would be very interested in buying! 🙂
Your art is adorable!!! I would absolutely love the chance to buy something cute & floral like that!
I like how simple you seem to keep your life. Having positive role models that have the platform to witness and impact and actually do…is pretty awesome! Keep it up with the artwork:) I paint as well so I am all for that!
I would love love love to buy some of your artwork!!! Any tips on how to do little paintings? I love the little painting you have with the flowers in your kitchen I believe. I’ve tried to do it but my creative mind has degenerated a little bit since I was a kid. Thanks a bunch MK <33
I LOVE that denim dress! Where did you get it?
Hi! I got it from Thred Up and I think its from the Kyndall and Kylie line. Funny because its actually the only piece I have from that line haha!