I haven’t popped in on here lately or much on Instagram either! And I am ok with it because I think we all can use a social media break every now and then! Social media is a hard thing to balance for me sometimes- either I’m on it too often or I take a break and then feel weird jumping back in. It’s weird that our generation really is the first to ever have to figure out this whole balancing of it, isn’t it?! But I love love love getting to connect with you guys. I love hearing from you and I love getting to share. I’ve actually been working on a few other posts, but I’ve got one serious and lengthy one in the works and I just keep reading it over and over again and it makes me a little nervous to post, especially for my first post back in nearly a month. So to jump back into things I thought I’d just fill you in on what we have been up to 🙂
1. We got back from Paris and London and hit the ground running. I am often asked how we are able to miss school for travel…easy: you work your tail off before you leave and then you work your tail off while you’re traveling and then again after you get back haha. Lots of working ahead and then catching up! So when we got back from Europe we were busy little bees.
2. In case you missed it from Instagram: John Luke was offered a job at the camp he’s been working at back in Louisiana, so we are moving back to Louisiana in the spring! We currently live in Virginia while we are in college at Liberty University. I am about to wrap up my classes in December and John Luke will finish online.
3. Speaking of John Luke, he is on the road currently with the Live Original tour! He’s traveling across the country with that for about 5 weeks. It’s kind of sad not having him here, but he is off working and having fun and I am proud of him!
4. I am here in Virginia working on finishing school! I’ll actually finish classes in December, but plan to walk in May. I have residential and online classes so I’ve been keeping busy with that and also spending time with friends. I have been super sentimental lately since it is our last year in Virginia and am already sad about leaving friends! Also, John Luke is sometimes home a couple of days a week and I spend as much time with him as I can when he is home!
5. My mom and little brother, Teagon, came up to visit for fall break! My sister is a nursing major, so that girl is busyyyyyy. So stinking proud of her. Since she couldn’t go anywhere because of school, mom and Teagon came up. Teagon is 4 now and is growing up! It is SO crazy. We had fun with them and took a day trip to Charlottesville.
6. The Lord has been so cool in providing for me daily. I never have anything planned out too far ahead of time, and its been fun to see Him just seem to be filling my schedule with sweet things. Right when I think I’m going to spend an afternoon by myself, a friend texts me and invites me to this or that, or right when I think somethings not going to work out like I was hoping it would, it turns into something better than I could have expected. Nothing super huge, but just little moments that have made me feel so loved and taken care of.
7. One of my best friends, Lori, came back into town for the weekend and its the first time I’ve seen her since she moved to New York and I could still cry just thinking about how happy I was to see her.
8. I got to go with another dear friend to help pick up her wedding dress and I could cry from how sweet that was as well.
9. For a class I have to design a magazine, which has been hard and fun and overwhelming and exhilarating haha, but for it I did a craft/ DIY and took pictures of it and I think I’ll share it in a blog post because it was so easy and fun and inexpensive!
10. With John Luke being out of town, I keep a show running on our t.v. 75% of the time because eventually the silence starts to drive me crazy. But I cannot watch anything remotely scary. So far I’ve watched Anne with an E and some of The Crown. Welcoming anymore suggestions of something fun and light!
11. We’ve been going to a married and engaged life group at our friends’ house and its been amazing!!! We haven’t been able to go every week with John Luke being gone, but it’s been so refreshing and life-giving and fun.
12. The weather has been magical here in Virginia!!! So cool and nice, especially when the sun is out.
13. I am reading the book Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt. Such a good book. Has anyone else read it?
14. The dogs got hair cuts. Timber looks like a completely different dog!
15. ALSO we are planning a trip to Guatemala and anyone and everyone is invited to come!! We have to cap it off at 40, and if you’re under 18 you have to come with a parent or guardian, but other than that, come with us!!! We are PUMPED about it. It would be so much stinking fun to get to hang out with you!! We have to have at least 25 people sign up to go! Click HERE for more information.