I’ve kind of dropped the ball lately on my blog, but sometime it happens because ya know- life.
Things have been a little heavy lately honestly. Health-wise my family has not been doing awesome and that can be really draining in a lot of ways. We have a hope that we are holding on to in Christ, but sometimes the physical weariness of it all becomes a lot and you have to let it out and then rise back up. I think we are on the rise right now. Praying we find some help soon but I have full confidence that God is at work in bringing good out of the bad- will write separately on this, but just wanted to give you guys an update because some of you have been asking. JL and I also have been having to make some big life decisions which is exciting but also a lot to think about!
SO just wanted to share a little of what we’ve been up to in the past month of so.
1. I am in the car a lot with the dogs in tow, driving to and from our parents’ houses and camp! JL is working around 15 hours a day so the dogs have been my best little companions haha. They each have their own laundry basket for the car but sometimes they insist on riding together and I always think it is the funniest thing.
2. Been trying to do a little more art lately. I love painting but have been trying out pastels and they are so much fun. Been thinking of some ideas lately and just curious if anyone would be interested in buying any of my work…if so let me know in a comment 🙂
3. John Luke, 2mama, 2papa, and myself took a road-trip to Texas to learn about Carolina Creek! Their camp is so neat and we had so much fun learning about how they run things. If you are in the Houston area check them out!
4. JL and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary! SO crazy to me it’s been that long, but also it’s hard to even remember life before marriage. Love it and love him so much.
5. I’ve been trying to get in plenty of swims and plenty of time in the sun while we’re here! Being outside in the water is one of my favorite things to do in the summer…I this it does a body and a soul so much good.
(also just saw my swimsuit I’m wearing here is on sale!)
6. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law are next door and it’s been so fun getting time with them. Lunch dates with Rebecca are becoming a favorite.
7. I didn’t post on 4th of July because I was in the car for about 5 hours that day running back and forth places for festivities, but it was so fun! Got to meet 2 new baby cousins and spent time with family ALL day. I love the 4th. Ughhh seriously love this country so much.
8. Had the most random, but fun day in Shreveport with Bella and Sadie. We ubered around and almost went to an alligator farm but ran out of time…next time.
9. Spent the weekend in Delhi with my parents and siblings while JL had friends in town and it was so sweet. Lots of good family time despite the house being literally torn apart during a remodel haha.
10. Teagon is a camper this week at Camp Chyoca!! He is SO tiny compared to everyone else and we have all been getting a good laugh out of it. Yesterday I was out helping with crafts and another camper comes come up carrying Teagon on his back then sets him down and puts his arm around Teagon. It was the cutest thing. Teagon is lovinggg the camp life.
11. Korie asked us all to go see “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?” with her last night and I hadn’t even heard of it yet, but it WAS SO GOOD. It’s about Mr. Rogers from Mr. Roger’s neighborhood. Please get your family or your friends together, or even just yourself, and go see it one night this week. It was one of the most touching and inspiring things I have EVER seen.
So that’s what we have been up to lately. There’s been lots of good family time and enjoying the little things in life.