I feel like going home always leaves me feeling sentimental and pretty nostalgic. So many memories just come flooding back! Every time we’re in the town I grew up in, I am always telling John Luke a story about this place or that place or this or that thing I did. I thought it might be fun to share some things with you and give you a little peek into my life when I was younger. So here’s 10 fun facts :
1. Softball. Goodness did I play some softball or what. I started playing when I was like 4 for t-ball and played all the way up until 11th grade which was the year I transferred schools and was ineligible. I was a lefty and switched between pitcher and center-field. Loved both so much. I got to go watch the USA softball team play once and was on top of the world! I got all of them to sign my glove and was so proud.
2. My dad owns the oldest drug store in Louisiana and that was my second home when I was little…well maybe third home…second being my church haha. He was the pharmacist and my mom worked in the gift shop, so on the days my moms was working my sister and I were up at the store as well. We took orders at the soda fountain, wrapped gifts, and colored on the label sticker paper a lot throughout the years. My pay was basically in Blue Bell ice cream.
3. Growing up on a lake, more than once we’d run out of gas in our boat and I’d have to swim to shore to find a neighbor to help us out. I still laugh thinking about the time all of us kids grabbed a rope and started swimming back to our dock pulling the boat behind us.
4. I can’t even begin to tell you how many clubs my sister and I started. And we went all out. Oh and we were the only members haha. We made membership cards out of duct tape and made the best forts that we’d ride to on our little lime green four wheeler.
5. My dad used to carry wigs at the drug store so sometimes my friends and I or sister and I would put them on and run around the store…or push each other in the wheel chair.
6. I played outside with my sister until dark almost every single day. We’s ride bikes, or swing, or jump on the trampoline. We had these little Barbie scooters that we coordinated routines on and sing while we scooted along.
7. My biggest regret from when I was little was not pursuing gymnastics longer! It was the most fun sport I ever did, but it was an hour drive to the gym.
8. I took a variety of musical lessons. I took piano for about 5, guitar for 2, and voice somewhere in there too.
9. I always, always, ALWAYS wanted my parents to adopt. My sister and I wanted another baby in the family for soooooo long and never thought it would happen when we were 16 and 18 years old haha.
10. I lived for summer camp. King’s Camp in Mer Rouge, LA, was what I looked forward to all year starting the day I got home from camp. I made friends there that were some of the greatest blessings in my life and I so looked up to the counselors. Those girls made such a huge impact on my life. It left me such a huge proponent of summer camp. You’ve probably heard me say it before, but thats the place I met John Luke!
So there ya go, just a couple fun facts.
Blog post featuring my parents’ front yard, Pippa the dog, and two cats that aren’t even ours, but JL’s dying to bring home haha.
Hope you had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving and everyone ate tons of yummy food and had lots of good fam time!