Pins and Piggies

Disclaimer:

If you see me on campus, which is not very often since I only have 2 residential classes, 9/10 chance you’ll catch me in this outfit. Haha, this is my school outfit and I usually just switch out the t-shirt. Albion sent me these black jet-setters and I don’t even know what I would wear if I didn’t have them, they are SO comfy. I  have been wanting to share them with y’all for like 2 months now because I love them so much, but am just now getting around to it. Especially Liberty girls…y’all these are the perfect “nice sweatpants.” You can find those here. (Size-wise, I’m 5’4″ and wear a small-petite!)

I got this denim jacket from Forever21 a couple of years ago and brought it back out. I felt like then it was a little harder to find the perfect oversized denim jacket then, but I’ve been seeing them around lately and I absolutely love it!

check here and here and here

I picked these little embroidered pins up at a thrift shop in Denver, Colorado, last year (any Colorado people out there?? I LOVE Colorado. Headed your way over Thanksgiving break!) The little floral one came with the flowers that my friend sent me that are in my last blog post and I love it!! Then there’s the cute little cactus that came on a backpack of John Luke’s.

Look here, here, here, here, here, and here. (Too many to choose from!)

I tagged my shoes in my last post, but I’ll go ahead and tag them again just in case 🙂

Lastly, I want to tell you about my hair ties! They’re called Teleties and I love them for 2 reasons. Well actually 3.

1. They work really well and do not pull your hair.

2. They give back to fight against Lyme Disease! So these hair ties mean more than just a hair tie to me. A percentage of the proceeds from this company is given to the Global Lyme Alliance.

(3. And I think they are cute hehe.)

Nothing big, just thought I’d share a few pics and pieces with you guys! John Luke was in town for the past 2 days and it was so, so good. Monday and Tuesday is our new weekend haha. It consisted of movies and sushi and grocery shopping (we are obviously living it up!!).  Also the fire alarm went off in class yesterday 2 minutes after I started my mid-term and our whole building had to evacuate…that was a first for me in my college experience. I think it was just an accident, but we were all just standing outside staring at each other like “ummm what do we do??” I hope everyone has been having a GREAT week and thank you, thank you, thank you for all your piano tips and feedback on my last post!

SHARE:

17 comments so far.

17 responses to “Pins and Piggies”

1. Morgan says:

I love reading your blogs! You’re such an inspiration and your sense of style is amazing!! Thank you for being you!:)

2. Sophie says:

I’m from Colorado and love love love it. Thanks for being an inspiration to tons of girls!!

3. Lydia Carroll says:

I love your watch! Where did you get it ?

4. Rikki says:

those are my favorite sweats!! I feel like I’m cheating when I wear them to work, but they look amazing and professional. we girls gotta take what we can get!

5. catherine o’halloran says:

who takes your pictures, and what with??

6. libby baker aldridge says:

hey mary kate! i am just in love with you! you are such an inspiration to young girls like me and i would REALLY love it if you would follow me on instagram.@literally.its.libby
    i really hope i can meet you soon! 💖💖💖

7. Willow says:

Hey Mary Kate!
    I live in Fort Collins, CO and go to Colorado State University! I love it here

8. Lindsay Kate says:

I love the cactus pin, I’ve been into cactuses lately, I don’t even know why haha!
    By the way I love these little post that you do about your outfits and how things are going, super fun and encouraging, love it ❤️!

9. EmilyJoi says:

I am from/live in colorado! Love this state! Love your blog posts!!!

10. You’ve got me wanting to do this to a denim jacket! Such a perfect class outfit!

11. Olivia Hinkle says:

Thank you so much for continuously being real, open, and honest on your blog.
    You have an amazing sense of voice in your writing! You should visit Bozeman, Montana if you like Colorado!
    Pretty similar, just less people and more of a hometown hippie feel

12. Brittney says:

I’m from Colorado but now living in Northern Virginia! My husband and I were just at liberty for their homecoming game! My sister in law is a couch at liberty and my brother in law does graphic design there as well! Hope you are killing the semester girl! Being a wife and a student is fun but also hard haha 😜 Love the outfit!

13. These are awesome pictures! I like the pins/patches on your jacket. 🙂

14. Cat says:

Awesome hair ties! They support such a great cause and they are so cute <3

Cat

15. Kat says:

Hey MaryKate! I was just thinking, and I’m not sure if you would be up to it but I was wondering if you have ever thought about doing a facetime with some of us! Or on Instagram I think you can do a live video now with one person so thats kind of like facetime without using a email or phone number too! I know you are a super busy girl but i just thought I would mention it becuase in your last post you mentioned wanting to meet us! (I we want to meet you too haha)
    Hope y’all are having a stunner of a sunday!

16. megan mohler says:

ahh im so sad:( im leaving colorado right now, so ill miss possibly bumping into you! this exact thing happened in hawaii, i missed you by one day haha

• marykate says:

we actually had to change our plans, so we are in Louisiana for the week instead 🙂 so crazy though about Hawaii!