1. I am feeling better physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, than I have in months and I am so, so thankful for it. It’s so crazy to me how all 4 of those things are so closely related. Feeling sick physically coupled with being upset over things, left me mad and frustrated mentally, then started challenging me spiritually. I’ve had to take a step back from a lot of things because of it, including my blog and even instagram. But I just praise the Lord I have had a week of feeling GOOD. And it’s pretty big that I say that, because John Luke was out of town all week, and I expected to have a miserable week, but honestly felt so good. (Going to write a separate post on this soon.) Which leads to number 2…
2. JL is off on the Live Original tour. It’s sad not having him around, but I am proud of him for going out and doing it! He’s home for a few days a week out of the month, so I’m just finding my own little routine, and so far, so good. I’ve had a ton of sleepovers and girl time thats been so good for my soul.
3. We just got a piano and I am still over-the-moon excited about it. I took lessons and played growing up and have been wanting one ever since I moved out of my parents house. I’ve always played by ear and watched YouTube tutorials for songs, but I am determined to learn how to read music well. But I have been having so much fun with it!! I’m currently trying to learn “Dear Theodosia” from Hamilton and if you haven’t heard that song look it up…so beautiful! Any piano learning/reading tips are much appreciated!
4. Pippa turned 2 on Saturday and it was so funny…it was like she knew it was her birthday! She was extra happy, extra sweet, and extra excited. We love her so much it’s ridiculous.
5. Essential oils are the real deal. I’ve been using them for a couple months now and am a firm believer. Thinking of maybe starting an instagram page just for oils and health…what do y’all think about that??
6. I just got the cutest little French press from T.J. Maxx. (We have a stinking good T.J. Maxx here in Lynchburg.) Recently I said flowers would be my love language, but I think my second would be coffee. I don’t drink a ton, but I really look forward to it in the mornings with my quiet time.
7. Speaking of quiet time. I’m reading the book “When I Don’t Desire God” by John Piper and it is crazy good. Everyone should read it. Seriously, order it on Amazon today. John Piper is absolutely brilliant. He is so smart that sometimes I think it’s easy to be intimidated by reading his books because you think “Ahhh I can’t understand this, it’s too over my head!”, but really all you have to do it slow down. I’ve felt that before and realized it was ok to just slow down, re-read things, and really think about it. Plus, I think it’s good to challenge yourself!
8. I forgot to mention JL just got home a few hours ago after being gone this past week. I’m sitting on the couch and he’s playing a video game eating a bag of chocolate chips and I am so happy about it 🙂
9. Church yesterday was super good. Our friend Quincy preached and wow did the Holy Spirit move or what. I was sitting between my best friends and it was just so good.
10. Over fall break we went to New York and got to see Hamilton on Broadway for John Luke’s birthday and I still cannot get over it. Cannot. It was amazingggg.
I’ve honestly got a million thoughts running through my head right now, but I think I’ll collect them and write some new posts soon. Really thankful for you guys who keep up with me on here. I was thinking about this last week and it just means so much to me. I’d love to get to meet some of you guys one day. I truly hope and pray you have such a blessed week and that you thrive in all that you do.
(outfit details linked at bottom)