1. I can remember getting done with super hot summer softball practices and going to Lloyd’s with my dad for an ICEE. Although now I’m not supposed to eat a lot of sugar, ICEEs will always hold a special place in my heart because of the memories they hold…all memories that include SUMMER. I would also say I am an ICEE pro and know how to fill the cup to get maximum strawberry and coke yumminess.
2. 2 weeks of camp left. WHAT. It’s hard to believe we are almost done. It’s been incredible watching God work in the lives of so many children here. I may catch myself complaining sometimes because of the heat, but WOW is it worth it or what?
3. I finally finished the book “The Zookeeper’s Wife.” I also love finishing a book and then watching the movie to see if what I pictured in my head the whole time is similar! Now I’m reading “The Red Tent.” It’s about womanhood in biblical times from the perspective of Dinah, Jacob’s daughter, and really interesting.
4. I forgot how much I love to read
5. I still never know if you underline, italicize, or put in quotes, book titles. I just quote everything and hope everyone else has that same problem and we’re all in this together haha.
6. The Camp Chyoca 50th Reunion was last night and it went swimmingly. Even without knowing a ton of people it was fun to watch people’s faces just fill with joy as they saw old friends.
7. I just got a package in the mail from Roolee Boutique and am currently in love with their clothes. Both tops I have on in these pictures are from them! (green one // white one).
8. John Luke and I have got a trip coming up soon and I am OH so excited!! My best friend and her husband are coming as well! Any guesses on where we’re going?!
9. My grandmother’s birthday was yesterday so today my family drove over for church with us and then we all went to lunch together to celebrate my Nannie. I love it when Teagon sits on my lap in church…he is the best snuggler. And John Luke likes it when he’s in his lap because he says he’s like a little heater when it’s cold in the sanctuary haha.
10. I love the new service our church has now. Today our friend Zach was preaching and he said “we don’t see the blessings of God because we are stuck in this pessimistic mind. Let’s not forget about the little details.” That really it me. Camp life is really, really good, but it’s also really, really exhausting especially in Louisiana heat. And like Zach said, we’ve all got a “thought life.” Even if I’m not complaining out loud, I can be thinking it. It’s easy for me to think about all the negative things but this week I am challenging myself to try to look for the good in EVERYTHING and not let the negative thoughts roll. I am challenging myself to “take every thought captive” and bring it into submission. Instead of hating the heat, being thankful for the sunshine! Just like we say at camp, “Let’s turn this negative situation into a positive situation!” So let’s look for the good and choose joy!!
I totally have the same problem with book titles! Love the idea of turning every thought into a positive 🙂
Can I ask where you purchased your necklaces with the green top? So cute!
Those shirts are so cute!! And you make them even cuter!! Haha???
It looks so fun! You missed the awesome firework show at Liberty last night!!!!
Love random blog posts!! Easy way to remember titles: long works (books, plays, movies) = italics. short works (songs, articles, poems) = quotations. 🙂
In general, titles if long, full-length works should be italicized, although some style guides recommend putting them in quotation marks. The main thing is to stay consistent. So you’re doing fine as you are!
Hey!!! Where did ou get your necklace that you paired with the green top? It’s beautiful!
I love reading your blog!! It makes me feel so much better and inspires me to get into the word more, but most importantly I am more inspired to be happy after I read your blog and see your pictures 🙂 so thank you!
Your blog is so incredible and it inspires me to capture all the moments in my life and with my family! The filter on all of your pictures are so great! I am an aspiring photographer and wondering what you use?
Could you do a blog post on blogging?
I love this little pop of happiness so much!!
We just got back from our summer camp(Discovery Camp) it was AMAZING, so I can only imagine how AMAZING y’alls summer Camp is! I am guessing that y’all are going somewhere out of the country, where… I have no clue haha!
Let me do my best to explain the book title situation: Books and plays are italicized because they are so “big” and they “lean,” (as letters do when they are italicized). Poems and short stories are therefore “short” and put into quotations instead. That’s just how my AP literature teacher explained it to us students this year if that makes any sense at all! ?