Alright this is the last of the round-up of spring break pictures!
You can see parts one and two in my previous posts if you’re just now joining along!
Seriously still just feeling so happy on the inside right now looking at these pictures. Kind of wishing we were still there. But Johnnyswim was at school today and it was incredible and I love them so actually I’m glad we’re back haha. (If you haven’t listened to their music…Go. Now. Do it.)
This is what a typical day looked like for us…minus actually being able to put on a swimsuit and play on the beach…but hey ya gotta make the best out of what ya got!!
How To: A Day at the Beach
1. Coffee. Always start the day with coffee. I don’t care if you’re at the beach or not, coffee is part of the formula to a good day. Always. Haha. But really, we lived off coffee. We had the Chemex, the espressos machine, and pot coffee. And there was always one being used and coffee cups in the sink.
Grind it by yourself…
or with a friend…
then add creamer or don’t add creamer…your choice.
2. Grab a book. I would have to advise some reading. Zoe pointed out at the beginning of the week how funny it was that if you looked at almost any surface in the house you’d find a Bible, notebook, or some other time of book…usually all three in a stack with another stack right next to it. Teagon chose to take my book one morning and join the fun! Anyone read Love Does by Bob Goff?? I would HIGHLY advise it…I’m rereading it before I start his wife’s new book that JUST came out. Love Lives Here.
3. Find a 3 year old, a dog, and your mom and hit the beach for some early morning running around and playing. If you can’t find them just go by yourself. Run around a little. Trust me, you’ll be glad you did. Does some good for your soul 😉
4. When it gets a little bit later and everyone else is getting up, drag them outside to play with you. Any spike ball fans?? It’s our favorite!!
5. Pet your dog. Or if you’re lacking in the dog category. Pet someone else’s dog. If your in Hilton Head you’ll have plenty to choose from.
6. Take a pic of ya pretty mama.
7. Buy a top and straw for your mason jars. And mason jars if you need to. This is optional and idk why I love them so much, but I do haha. Also buy an Eleswims swimsuit. Obsessed. And I’m really happy about the fact one pieces are making a comeback.
8. Join your buddies in the hot tub. I repeat: Hot tub. Need I say more?
9. Pass out. While eating.
10. Ride a bike. (We ate pzookie every night so this was actually vital hahahaha)
11. Wake up from your nap and run around on “tha beach” some more!!!
12. Get done and drink a slurpy and if you’re a dog, or a dog is your spirit animal, crawl up in someone’s lap and take a nap.
13. Put your underwear on your head because why not?
14. FOOD. Get everyone together in the kitchen and cook! Burgers, steak, chicken, shrimp, and spring rolls are the best combo if you ask our crew.
15. Make a pzookie. Not just one night. But every night. Might gain a pound or two but its ok I promise. Its worth it. I have honestly never seen people bond like they do when they’re eating a pzookie. Quite the experience.
16. Get a little crazy on a sugar high than put Saran Wrap across each others faces to see what they look like and laugh so hard you pee on yourself.
Hope you enjoyed my first how to post and hope that next time you’re at the beach your time is as joy-filled and full of love and life as ours was!! Its truly amazing how wonderful living a life with Jesus can be. He’s with me in the lowest valleys and also the highest mountains. And I love how he can take the little things and fill them with the greatest joy! Wow He’s so good and so kind.